This past week, our whole family enjoyed General Council in Long Beach, CA. We are thankful to Trinity Alliance Church for giving us the opportunity, and we are going to save a full recap for them first.
However, I did want to share one story…
After one powerful session, we grabbed some dinner at Famous Dave’s BBQ (which is now my favorite BBQ place). I asked Josh what God had been saying to him, and this was his reply,
When people make you feel insignificant, Jesus remakes you with new purpose.
I was very proud at that clear thought from my 10 year old. Thankful for that lesson!
I’m enjoying the new pace of life in Rochester. It’s more relaxed and has given ample time to refresh and recharge after our move. Here’s some brief details of what’s been happening since we made the switch:
- Krista found employment almost immediately and after a not-so-fun 2 weeks of driving to Albany for the work week, and driving back to Rochester for the weekends, she started her new job at University of Rochester Medical Center. It’s not the same level of responsibility, so she’s looking to move up the corporate ladder once her probationary period is over (which is around 6 months)
- We were able to visit our families over the Christmas holidays, and enjoyed that the drive was not 7 hours!!!!
- We endured the coldest February on record in Rochester. Yay?
- Josh is enjoying his new school and is excelling in the work. His reading comprehension has skyrocketed after some pull out group sessions. He even volunteered to be in a dance/tumbling school activity! Not bad, Josh!
- Easter was Trinity’s highest attendance at 161, with around 16 people volunteering at both services. A great success, as many people came back!
- I’ve learned a lot personally about ministry, and I have a renewed sense of vision, prayer and “what could be”.
The move has been good and we’re excited for what’s next!
PS – Cats
The title says it all
Love this play. I’m starting to like this kid.
- Thou shalt think twice about any food allowed near your computer keyboard.
- Thine 7 year old son is not permitted to bring food near the computer keyboard.
- Thine 7 year old son is not permitted to bring food chocolate near the computer keyboard.
- A sticky keyboard can be washed. It is not white as snow, but it will suffice.
(Comic courtesy xkcd)