I never doubted for a second.
Well, we needed help and some of our key players started to hit (at least a little) at the right time. We got “enough” wins to make it in, while also relying on help from other teams to be the ones chasing us.
So can the Blue Jays actually do it?
My heart says, “why not?” and my brain says, “no way.”
- We’ve got an elite starting staff who have been pitching playoff baseball for the last 2 months. I’d stack Gausman, Bassett, and Berrios against anyone.
- The bullpen shuts down the other team most of the time.
- Our defense can save runs in the outfield.
- Our inability to hit home runs at home (tin foil hat time on the #nextlevel renovations?) is frustrating to see.
- The plate discipline disappears in pivotal moments; the pressure of the moment is getting to our players trying to do too much?
- Our coaching staff can “over manage” at times, and questionable moves in the playoffs have been made in the past (I still don’t want to talk about it.)
I believe a successful postseason run, and a World Series championship lies in the hitting. If Bo (not hitting well at the moment) and Vlad (getting warm but still has forgettable approaches in critical moments) get hot?
I agree with David Schoenfield from ESPN about their path:
Here’s to the post season!