I’m enjoying the new pace of life in Rochester. It’s more relaxed and has given ample time to refresh and recharge after our move. Here’s some brief details of what’s been happening since we made the switch:
- Krista found employment almost immediately and after a not-so-fun 2 weeks of driving to Albany for the work week, and driving back to Rochester for the weekends, she started her new job at University of Rochester Medical Center. It’s not the same level of responsibility, so she’s looking to move up the corporate ladder once her probationary period is over (which is around 6 months)
- We were able to visit our families over the Christmas holidays, and enjoyed that the drive was not 7 hours!!!!
- We endured the coldest February on record in Rochester. Yay?
- Josh is enjoying his new school and is excelling in the work. His reading comprehension has skyrocketed after some pull out group sessions. He even volunteered to be in a dance/tumbling school activity! Not bad, Josh!
- Easter was Trinity’s highest attendance at 161, with around 16 people volunteering at both services. A great success, as many people came back!
- I’ve learned a lot personally about ministry, and I have a renewed sense of vision, prayer and “what could be”.
The move has been good and we’re excited for what’s next!
PS – Cats